Slab climbing technique
One of the most dreaded styles of climbing. Slab climbing is a nightmare for climbers where power and strength don’t get you anywhere. You need delicate footwork and a good sense of balance. In this video, Toma Narasaki will explain the 5 areas climbers need to work on to improve their slab climbing technique.
- Have a strong mind – don’t be afraid of falling
- Focus on the sole – specific area of your shoes sole to use on a slab
- Distance – between you and the wall
- Position of your heel – when to point your heels upwards/downwards on a slab feature
- Be conscious of your toe and knee position and angle when you make your moves